I’ll not give you any links, because I think this is a quick and easy search, and I don’t want you to think I’m unfairly prearranging an outcome:
- Look up the meaning and practice of fascism; only, don’t use the words of enemies, look up what fascists said about themselves. Mussolini coined the term “fascism,” and he wrote an awful lot on the subject.
- Look up socialism/communism by the same rules. Look up what Marx and Engels said. Look up Friendly American Socialists like Eugene Debs.
- Now, consider what you know of your own government and make a list of differences.
…Is this last part hard? Does number 3 make you say thing like, “well…” “ummm…” and “you just can’t compare what’s happening today with…”??
Optional, extra credit exercise:
- Think about all the areas in which you believe government really does need to play a part. Examples may be road-building, schools, national defense.
- Now, replace the word “government” with “corrupt lifelong politicians who also happen to be ignorant,” and think about number 1 again.
Have a nice day!